Saturday, June 21, 2008
I Can Scan!!
Over the past few weeks, I have successfully learned to scan sinuses, chests, CAP's , and a few brains. I am feeling more confident behind the scanner. Stressing to the patient that they must lay as still as possible is so important. I am understanding the arterial and venous phases and smart prep. I am familiar with the different contrasts and contraindications. CT is a fast paced environment where you are always thinking two steps ahead. This is hard to do when you are learning. I am learning about different injection rates for different exams. CT anatomy is so important to learn. I am learning from two seasoned techs that really know their stuff! They are showing me how to check adrenal , for bladder rinds and free fluid. I have witnessed some aortic aneurysms on scans. I have also seen some massive gall stones in the gallbladder! Everyday, I realize how much more there is to learn and that some things just come from years of experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment