Hi!
My name is Seaneen. I live in Lafayette, Indiana. I work at Innervision Advanced Medical Imaging. I work in xray and special procedures. I am cross training into CT. I am currently working on my bachelors degree and hope to take the CT registry next year. I am overwhelmed as well as excited to learn CT. I have two great CT techs that have been extremely helpful and patient while introducing to me to this whole new world! I think I have mastered loading up the contrast, turning the room over and removing IV's. I take tons of notes while observing scans. Jim and Diann, the CT techs, have been great putting me at the console and explaining different protocols. They have many years of experience and I am honored to learn from both of them. I am amazed at the proficient daily routine they maintain, and they are always two steps ahead of the game! I hope one day I can perform as well as they do. In our CT department, approximately eighty percent of our patients are cancer protocols and they frequently return for future scans. Jim and Diann have built a friendship and rapport with the patients and work hard at making their experience warm and pleasant. We do not see much trauma. I feel like the past few days, I am grasping the routine on basic exams like an abdomen/pelvis. The console looks so overwhelming as well as all of the quick mouse clicks! Hopefully, next time I write I will telling you about my first solo scan!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment